- 1 cup almonds
- 4 cups purified water
- 1⁄4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 dates
- Soak the almonds overnight in a large bowl with 4 cups of water.
- Pour the mixture in to blender or food processor and blend on high for 2 to 3 minutes, or until completely blended.
- Place cheesecloth over a colander and set over a bowl. Pour the milk through the cheese cloth pushing the pulp against the cloth to express all the liquid. Alternately, you can use a milk bag if you have one.
- Return the strained milk to the blender and add the vanilla and dates. Blend well and serve.
- You can add any type of sweetener you like...Cocoa powder, maple syrup, honey etc